- The registration fee for speech competition is Rp 100.000/person and the guarantee for WO is Rp 50.000,00. Please look at the general rules to know the other requirements for registration.
- All contestants must attend the technical meeting, as the drawing for topics and the speech order for all contestants will be done on that day. The technical meeting will be held on January 20th, 2010 at SMA Santa Ursula Jl. Pos no 2. Please note that No representatives are allowed.
- Each institution can be represented by not more than 3 participants.
- All contestants should make a speech based on the topics that are given by the committee. The big theme is Peace. And the related topics are:
- How youths can directly involve to create more peaceful world
- Indonesia’s contribution on world peace
- Indonesian’s government actions to solve problems on difference among the society
- Making a better world through art
- Before the contestants enter the speech room, all the contestants will be gathered in a quarantine room.
- The contestant will be disqualified if he/she does not appear after being called 3 times by the committee in the quarantine room. No excuses will be tolerated.
- All contestants should come at least 30 minutes before the competition starts in order to complete the registrations.
- The committee will open the competition to remind the important points of the competition and the order of the speaker in the competition.
- Every contestant should deliver their speeches in 7 minutes for maximum time. One minute before the time allocated is over, the time keeper will knock once. The time keeper will knock twice 30 seconds before the time is up. And the time keeper will knock continuously after the allocated time is up until the contestant finish his/her speech. The contestant is expected to finish the speech within the allocated time. Any extra time will result in reduction of the final score.
- The contestant is allowed to bring notes containing points of the speech but the contestant is forbid to bring the paper containing the whole speech.
- The contestant is allowed to bring supporting materials related to their speech, but these materials are not the priority of scorings.
- During the speech of each contestant, the audience is not allowed to talk, to leave, or to enter the room.
- All mobile phones or any devices that may produce noise should be turned off during the speeches.
- The judging points will consist of:
- General appearance
- Mimic, Gestures, and Eye Contact
- Understanding of the Topics
- Content and Relevancy
- Grammar and Vocabularies
- Fluency and Clarity
- Time Management
- The prizes are:
a. 1st place : Cash Rp 750.000,00 + trophy + certificate
b. 2nd place : Cash Rp 600.000,00 + trophy + certificate
c. 3rd place : Cash Rp 450.000,00 + trophy + certificate
- Each judge will mark out of 100, and so the contestants will be marked out of 300 (accumulated points).
- The judges will consist of three persons and each judge will mark independently. The scores for each contestant is the accumulation of each judge’s scorings.
- The judges’ decision is final and no further discussion about it.
- The contestant who does not follow the rules will be disqualified and for further information, please contact the committee.
CONTACT PERSON: OLGA (081908805484)